1. Celebration of Festivals
Major festivals are celebrated at Sandeepany throughout the year, with pujas conducted by Pandit Ravichandran. Some of the festivals celebrated are Shivaratri, Swami Chinmayananda’s Birthday, Ramanavami, Krishna Janmashtami, Guru Purnima, Navaratri, Deepavali, Geeta Jayanti and Tapovanam Day. On the second Monday of every month, Shiva Abhisheka and puja are conducted. These functions are open to public.
The following are some of the most popular pujas conducted at Chinmaya Sandeepany:
2.1 Maha Shivaratri Puja
On Maha Shiva Ratri, an elaborate puja and abhishekam are performed for Lord Shiva.
2.2 Lalitha Sahasranama Archana
Typically, on the last Friday of Navaratri, a special Lalitha Sahasranama Archana is performed. Over 100 people participate in the puja, making it a Laksharchana.
2.3 Monthly Shiva Puja
On the second Monday of every month, a puja and abhishekam are performed for Lord Shiva at Chinmaya Sandeepany. Each month, a devotee and family sponsor the puja and abhishekam under the guidance of an officiating priest.
2.3.1 Shiva Puja Sponsorship & Contact Information
- Those who wish to sponsor the Puja should contact Needamangalam Balachander at least one week prior to the puja.
- Since each Puja can have just one sponsor, devotees who wish to sponsor the Puja are encouraged to make their reservations at the earliest.
- The suggested donation for sponsorship is $101. Sponsorship checks should be made payable to Chinmaya Mission San Jose.
2.3.2 Sponsor Do’s and Don’ts
- Sponsors are requested to arrive at Sandeepany no later than 7.15 p.m.
- The dress code is traditional Indian attire.
- Sponsors are welcome to bring flowers, milk, and prasad of their choice. These items will be used for the puja.
- Sponsors can take pictures during the Puja
2.3.3 Puja Details
- Puja will start at 7.30 p.m. sharp with the officiating priest performing:
- Chanting of the Dakshinamurthi stotram.
- Sankalpam, Kalasha puja (pot containing holy water from the 7 great rivers), Sankha (conch) puja, Atma (Self) puja and Peeta (altar) Puja.
- Laghunyasam and Avahanam.