To meet the increased need in the community the target count is 900 sleeping bags.
- Target: 900 bags
- Suggested donation per bag: $35
CMSJ community has been a consistent supporter. Please support this need again this year by donating at cmsj.org/support-us.
This drive is very much appreciated by Emergency Housing Consortium (now known as Home First) of Santa Clara County, Alameda County, Contra costa County and fire victims in Northern California..
Distribution Venue Details:
ATTN: Several people tested positive for COVID at the Sunnyvale Family Shelter. Unfortunately, we cannot participate in the sleeping bag distribution this year. They will be dropped off. Please do NOT go to the shelter on Saturday, 12/3 at 6 pm.
Date: Saturday, 3rd December 2022
Time: 6:30 pm (arrive at 6 pm to being distribution at 6:30 PM)
Location: Sunnyvale Shelter
Address: 999 Hamlin Ct, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, United States.
1. The minimum age to be at the shelter as a volunteer/donor is 13 years old.
2. With some changes in policy the Shelter will need to check the vaccination records of everyone when they arrive, we don’t need a copy, just proof of vaccination and at least one booster.
3. We would also need everyone to sign a volunteer agreement that Homefirst uses as a waiver. Please fill out the PDF document, which should be turned in when you arrive at the shelter. Volunteer Agreement Form
4. Upon entering you will need to take your temperature and check in with staff.
If you have any questions: Contact: Balaji Venkatraman.
- Target: 350 bags Delivered 750 bags
- Suggested donation per bag: $30
Update from the sleeping bag distribution at the Home First shelter. Happy Holidays. Thank you Balaji Venkatraman for leading this drive.
Posted by Chinmaya Community Service Bay Area on Wednesday, December 30, 2015
The Sunnyvale Armory closed its doors in 2014. The Community Service team scouted new places that serve the needy and the distribution was expanded across the Bay Area.
- Sleeping bag count : 250
- Sites served : 6 each site took in different numbers based on their needs ranging from 20-75 bags
- Locations : San Jose to Livermore
- Funds raised: $4746
|Abode Services, 40849 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, CA||Madhu Krishnan firstname.lastname@example.org|
|HomeFirst, Little Orchard Street and Valley Medical (Respite program)||email@example.com|
|Evergreen Valley School District – homeless firstname.lastname@example.org|
|East Palo Alto Rotariansemail@example.com|
|Livermore Homeless Refuge||amritha.Umesh@cmsj.org|